Add Your Game
Sign In or Register
Forgot Username or Password?
Login or Register with Facebook
Not a Member?
Create an Account
SoftballFinder.com Softball League Rules!
The first and most important rule of this league is that EVERYONE is to have FUN. These are mixed level games so by signing up to this league you acknowledge there will be less and more skilled players than you playing. Please be aware of this and do your best to include everyone in the game. Unfriendly play will NOT be tolerated.
(a) All rules not specified in this rule sheet will revert to ASA Rules unless league is otherwise governed by USSSA rules as indicated.
(b) Softball Finder has final authority concerning all rules and regulations including, but not limited to, suspensions, expulsions and general discretion of conduct.
1. This is a NO BS, friendly league. Being ejected from a game because of misconduct will automatically receive another game suspension. A second ejection will result in an expulsion from the league without refund.
2. When men are batting, an ASA certified 12” ball will be used. When women are batting, an ASA certified 11” ball will be used.
3. No pitch shall be flatter in arch than 6’ and no higher in arch than 12’.
4. Position players will be as such. A battery element of a pitcher and catcher. 4 infielders (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and short) and 4 outfielders for a total of 10 players. In the event a team has 9 players, 4 Infield/3 Outfielders must be utilized. If 8 Players than 3 IF/3 OF. Games cannot be official if one team has fewer than 8 players.
5. Counts will start with 1 ball and 1 strike.
6. There are NO tie goes to the runner. Umpire will determine whether you are out or safe.
7. If a male walks and is preceded by a female in the lineup, they automatically get a double and the female has the choice to bat or walk to first.
8. Games will be 7 innings or 55 minutes, whichever comes first. No mercy rule is in effect, unless at any point the losing team decides not to complete the game.
9. Teams may play with more men than women as long as the other team has an equal number of women. Women must be staggered equally in batting order, as approved by umpire.
10. Game Equipment will be provided: Bats, Balls, Bases, Scorebooks. Players are responsible for supplying their own gloves and any additional equipment they prefer to use. Any balls or bats you plan on supplying yourself must be approved by the umpire prior to the game. No metal spikes allowed.
11. Courtesy fouls – You get one courtesy foul beyond two strikes. Next one is an out. Example (if I have a 1 and 1 count and I hit two foul balls – I AM NOT OUT) The first foul ball pushed the count to 1 ball and 2 strikes so there for does NOT constitute as a courtesy foul.
12. On fields with outfield fences, there is a limit of one (1) over the fence home-runs per team per inning. After the first over the fence hit, all subsequent similar hits will be counted as outs for the remainder of the game.
13. If there are no umpires then the game will be played pickup style with each team responsible for keeping track of outs and their own score.
14. All players must agree to the league's terms and waiver. This is part of the online registration process.
15. Subs - Teams can only field players from their roster however a sub player can be requested from the league in certain circumstances:
Only request subs if your team has under 8 players.
All subs must be registered with Softball Finder, and be a current player in the league.
All subs must be cleared by admin or the opposing captain.
Subs are allowed during playoffs if the individual(s) is cleared by the opposing captain.
Failure to abide by these guidelines will result in an ineligible player and game technical forfeit.
Unregistered players may NOT be used for any reason.
16. Teams, as absolute last resort for competitive balance, may be subject to roster adjustments at any point in the season.
17. Only registered players on team rosters or on approved sub lists may play.
18. Alcohol Usage - Players may not be allowed to play should the captain and/or ump feels the player is under the influence of alcohol. The consumption of alcohol post game is at the discretion of the players. SoftballFinder in no way encourages or endorses the consumption of alcohol.
Pickup Softball Games
Add Your Game
Frequently Asked Questions